Be our guest at 2018 CATCH of the Central Coast -- South of the Border -- on Saturday, September 8 beginning at 5pm in Avila Beach. Nestled on the 10th fairway of the Avila Beach Golf Resort, the event will feature a gourmet, multi-course wine dinner inspired by the bounty and flavors of the Mexican coast. Tickets on sale now through My 805 Tix.
CATCH of the Central Coast is a benefit for the Central Coast Aquarium, a San Luis Obispo County non-profit 501c3 organization whose mission is to cultivate a community dedicated to ocean stewardship through education, engagement and action.
“This year's CATCH Committee is busy planning an exciting event that will feature the sights, sounds and flavors of Mexico and we hope you can join us for the fun," says Executive Director, Christine Johnson. Funds raised directly support marine science education for children as well as fund the operation of our public aquarium and exhibit hall.
The dinner features locally sourced, sustainable seafood or non-seafood options, complete with local wine. Enjoy wine tasting pre-dinner and a signature cocktail designed specifically for CATCH. Silent and Live Auctions are also part of the fundraising event. As the only oceanic institute between Monterey Bay and Santa Barbara, the funds raised from this yearly event enable us to continue providing our community members, specifically our local youths, with special learning experiences that promote marine science.
Here's a preview of our 2018 Live Auction Items:
1. Joan Painting Party: Watch our Giant Pacific Octopus, Joan, make a painting for you with 14 of your friends.
2. Fly Fishing Excursion: A unique experience for 2 in Dunsmuir, California with a chance to learn fly fishing. Hotel and travel is included.
3. Dinner Under the Sea: A fully catered, sit down gourmet dinner with wine for up to 18 guests at the Central Coast Aquarium after hours.
4. Cancun Getaway: Relax for 7 nights along the magnificent Costa del Sol with you and up to 3 friends. Enjoy the luxury of a Cancun villa and all the resort has to offer.
5. Pura Vida Costa Rica: Relax for 6 days and 5 nights in the coastal community of Montezuma, Costa Rica. This romantic escape for 2 is on a private property with hiking trails and on-site recreation.
6. Wild and Wonderful Local Paradise: Enjoy a private tour of the untouched lands and coast maintained by PG&E on this land and sea tour.
7. Scenic Coastal Flyover in a Vintage T-6 Warbird: You and a friend can get an amazing coastal view aboard a vintage warbird piloted by Tim Williams.
8. Farewell to Joan the Octopus: It is soon time for Joan to be released back into the wild. You and 14 friends can join the CCA staff as we board a boat out of Morro Bay to return Joan to her natural habitat.
For more information about the CATCH of the Central Coast event or about the Central Coast Aquarium, please contact Christine Johnson at 805-595-7280 ext. 1002.